St. Paul, Minnesota
The Landmark Center was constructed in three phases from 1892 through 1910. To gain an understanding of the building and complete necessary exterior upgrades, Ramsey County and Landmarks Minnesota retained Collaborative Design Group to provide a comprehensive assessment of the envelope and provide construction documents for the exterior restoration. Construction included the complete re-pointing of the entire building exterior, repair of the stone masonry, restoration of the decorative copper gutters, and replacement of the clay tile roofs on the north and south towers.
Following the initial assessment and restoration project, CDG provided design and construction administration for the replacement of all exterior steps and the restoration and repainting of the interior atrium. CDG is currently assisting with a restroom renovation and a space and market analysis study to help make better use of the interior space and attract new visitors to the building.