Since its construction in 1923, the Baudette Depot underwent several renovations that altered the original finishes and spaces. Much of the original oak floor had been removed or tiled over with linoleum, walls had been breached with new doorways, and windows had been reconfigured. CDG assessed the historic building and designed the rehabilitation, which focused on the reconstruction of much of the missing walls and trim, salvaging and repair of the remaining flooring, restoration of the Station Master’s Office and ticket counter, sensitive integration of new ADA compliant restrooms, and the reconstruction of the exterior train platform. The project provided new leasable office space, an art gallery and studio, kitchen area, and interpretive space. The rehabilitation was historically sensitive and was overseen by MN SHPO, MnDOT Cultural Heritage Division, and Lake of the Woods County.